LN-1000 User Manual

• ibanman555
  • ibanman555's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #1 by ibanman555
ibanman555 replied the topic: LN-1000 User Manual
Robert Lamm from the band Chicago is using the LN-1000 exclusively on stage, connected to a Motif ES8 via MIDIjet PRO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #2 by Erwin Vos
Erwin Vos replied the topic: LN-1000 User Manual
Thanks for the info. I will definitely look into it. With which band are you touring? I don't see many keytars anymore except maybe Jordan Rudess.

• ibanman555
More
1 year 8 months ago #3 by ibanman555
ibanman555 replied the topic: LN-1000 User Manual
It is kind of a known fact that the battery compartment is faulty, as ours were as well. When performing live, the Lync would intermittently throw an error, and this was due to the battery terminals being loose, and becoming briefly disconnected. I am not familiar with providing power to the Lync via power supply, but seeing as you cannot power up at all makes me think there is a disconnection somewhere. Possibly an easy fix.

I was able to solve this issue by disconnecting the original battery compartment wires and rewiring a battery compartment (for 6 AA batteries), mounted inside, underneath the push buttons with Dual Lok. The only inconvenience is that the keybed must be removed to replace the batteries.

The most recent problem we had was an intermittent button on the left hand controls. The button would either not work at all, or rapidly cycle through presets while holding down. I originally thought it was an electrical issue, but turns out the mechanical momentary switch was the problem.

I was able to find the exact replacement, which is fortunately still available (C&K 8125J83CBE22) and the Lync is fully functional again. I do have schematics for the left hand controls, obtained by an important person related to Lync, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate to share these that at this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erwin Vos

More
1 year 8 months ago #4 by Erwin Vos
Erwin Vos replied the topic: LN-1000 User Manual
Thanks a lot for the manual! I have only one LN1000 and it is broken. I'm still searching the net for anything Lync i can find. But unfortunately no tech info. My LN1000 has a broken battery compartment and It doesn't lit up when I connect a powersupply. I've contacted John Lawry since he bought the Lync Systems inventory when they went bankrupt. He put me in the direction that my unit might have powersupply/connection related issues. But I haven't been ably to sort it out for now.
I also would like to make it a wireless MIDI unit when I get it up and running again.

• ibanman555
More
1 year 8 months ago #5 by ibanman555
ibanman555 created the topic: LN-1000 User Manual
Here is a link to download the LN-1000 User Manual.

Please contact me if you are familiar with troubleshooting these controllers, or have any spare parts available.

We have 3 units active, and on a major tour. We are continuously trying to keep them functional, as parts and repairs are difficult to come by.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KZ8iemkDtFb0F...Ek/view?usp=drivesdk